Insurance Services

- Let Property Students

- Let Property DSS

- Let Property Professional

- Unoccupied Property Insurance

- Tenant Contents Insurance only

Landlords’ insurance is an insurance policy that covers a property owner from financial losses connected with rental properties. The policy covers the building and contents that belong to the landlord that are inside. Landlords’ insurance is often referred to as buy-to-let insurance.
There are many different types of tenants, ranging from professional lets, where the tenant pays the rent out of their own earnings and DSS lets (the agreement is with the council), as well as asylum seekers. Multiple student lets are also considered to be landlord insurance (as are bedsits).
The type of tenancy is important because the landlord insurance rates depend significantly on the occupant.
Policy Benefits
Accidental Damage included
Malicious Damage included
Loss of Rent cover
Property Owners Liability up to £2m
Storm or Flood Cover
Escape of Water
Theft or Attempted Theft
All covered by a leading UK Insurance provider.
No call centres

For a quotation on this insurance, please fill in the form below or call Ray on 0121 439 6463

Exclusive Unoccupied Property Insurance
Whether this is unoccupied due to the property being in probate or due to the fact you wish to renovate the property Benbury Lettings can assist.
Unoccupied property insurance, as the name suggests, is an insurance policy designed to provide cover for unoccupied property.
Unoccupied property insurance is designed for buildings that are left vacant for 30 days or more

When is it useful?
This type of insurance provides cover for buildings and contents and is designed for properties that are left vacant for 30 days or more, such as when the property is:
Awaiting probate
Awaiting sale or occupation
Undergoing refurbishment or renovation
Vacant due to the occupier’s absence, such as when they have a second home, have been hospitalised, or taken into care
With our specialist provider able to provide 4 different levels of cover, the choice is up to you.

Level 1

Cover for Fire, Lightning, explosion and Earthquake.
Aircraft and other flying devices or items dropped from them.

Level 2

As above plus – Collision by vehicle or animal
Storm Flood or Weight of Snow
Breakage or collapse of fixed radio & television aerials, satellite dishes & their fixtures and fittings.
Subsidence, heave or landslip
Falling trees, telegraphs poles or lamp-posts
Accidental breakage of sanitary fittings and underground services which extend from your home to the public mains

Level 3

Plus – Escape of water from, and frost damage to, fixed water tanks, apparatus or pipes limited to a maximum cover up to £2,500

Malicious damage, theft and attempted theft up to £2,500

Escape of oil from a fixed domestic heating installation and smoke damage caused by a fault in any fixed domestic heating installation.

Level 4

Plus – Theft or attempted theft, Riot, violent disorder, strike, labour disturbance, civil commotion or acting maliciously. All the above include Public Liability Insurance for £2,000,000
Tenant Contents Insurance

If you are renting an unfurnished property then tenants’ insurance is essential if you want to protect your furnishings and other personal possessions against insured risks such as flood, fire and theft.

Cover is provided for jewellery, bicycles, handheld gadgets, sports equipment, electrical appliances, laptops and computer equipment, games consoles, musical instruments, CDs, DVDs, furniture, frozen food or clothing.
Typically a tenants’ insurance policy will protect your possessions against risks such as fire, theft, flooding, storm damage and escape of water.
‘New for old’ policies will replace your items with brand new ones, whereas ‘wear and tear’ policies will deduct a percentage of the item’s cost for depreciation
Other cover options may include protection for frozen food in case there is a disruption to a power supply personal possessions cover for items taken out of the home (such as bicycles, jewellery or handheld gadgets); and accidental damage cover.

For a quotation on this insurance, please fill in the form below or call Ray on 0121 439 6463

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message